Thursday, February 02, 2006

Happy @#$%@&@ Groundhog Day.


I dare you to call me cute.

Happy @#$%@&@ Groundhog Day. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's the propensity of you humans to anthropomorphize everything. Projection on a grand inter-species scale. Oh, sure, you can't help it, it's just the way you're built. So sue me.

I couldn't care less if we're going to have an early spring, I've got plenty of fur, and frankly, *prefer* the cold weather. Have you ever tried to get rid of extra heat through a fur coat? I'm sure some of you have. It's no fun, I can tell you. You at least have the luxury of taking the coat off.

You wonder why my cousin Punxsutawney Phil rarely predicts an early spring? Because he's in the glare of all those klieg lights those photographers have set up, and it makes him hot, and puts him in a worse mood than usual. And the crowds... Haven't you people got better things to do than pick on us?

My prediction? Six more weeks of this faux winter, followed by an excruciatingly hot summer. And rain. Lots and lots of rain. Maybe a hurricane or two.

Serves you right for having invented the paved road and sectioning off my habitat like that. Gah!



Update: Phil agrees with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home